Monday, January 28, 2013

Julie's HAPPY cake...

Simple cake topper!  Using a hot glue gun simply glue ribbon pieces folded over onto a cardboard circle. 
Then attach another cardboard circle over it, with a glue gun to cover up the mess!
 
Using regular printer paper I typed up a message on word and printed it off.  I used a glue stick to attach the final message to the cardboard round.
 
 
Happy Birthday Julie! Hope you had a wonderful birthday, we had a great time celebrating with you.  The cake is orange cream with orange cream cheese frosting, topped with a million mini-flower confetti sprinkles!  The sides of the cake are ruffled.
 
I met Julie through our swim club, it's been so much fun getting to know her and her boys! If you're familiar with swim team, you know how many hours you spend with team members and their families! It's been such a wonderful experience getting to know the families!

When thinking about Julie's cake, I just wanted something bright, cheery and fun, that's how I would describe her. She's sunshine all the way around! This year she needed a happy cake more than ever. 

 
We've had a rough past couple months, feeling heartbroken when we learned that our friend Krista was losing her battle to cancer.  Julie was a close friend to Krista, so I just felt like making her cake that much happier.

I often get asked, "What is it that you love about baking?" The thing I love the most is being able to bring joy to others with something homemade and heartfelt. I love being able to make people feel special and worth celebrating. When I feel helpless, like I can't do anything to help cheer someone up, I always turn to baking. I feel so grateful for living in such a awesome community with so many supportive friends, I'm glad I'm able to create smiles with my baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment