Monday, March 25, 2013

Ivory and Champagne Wedding Cake

 

Thank you so much Mary for introducing me to your daughter-in-law Whitney!  What a pleasure it was planning this cake!  A few weeks ago I was at the gym when a sweet friend (Mary) told me her son Robby was getting married and needed a cake...in THREE WEEKS.  Wow, that was quick planning, I was thrilled I was able to do it.  Robby is heading to Afghanistan for 9 months and the happy couple decided to get married before he left.  Although it was short notice, how could I possibly turn down a cake for someone who is serving our country.  What a lovely couple, meeting the bride and her family was such a pleasure.  I feel so lucky to be a small part of such big fantastic celebrations!  .  Love my job!

Flavors... bottom tier is chocolate with buttercream frosting and top tier is white with strawberry filling and cream cheese frosting.  Two amazing flavors!

The border around the tiers is vanilla fondant with baby's breath under the top tier and fresh champagne roses provided by Oberer's Florist here in West Chester.  They are my preferred florist for any fresh flowers I need, I am always blown away by the beauty of their flowers and the absolute great service I receive!

Whitney and Robby

No comments:

Post a Comment